The creative journey....



Wednesday 22 June 2011

Harbour Boat Lino Print- work in progress

Beautiful Newquay and the Harbour:
Living in beautiful Cornwall you can not ignore the influence of the fishing community and what the sea brings to our shores. I see the harbour nearly everyday in my town of Newquay, I often take my two boys down to the harbour to mainly chase the seagulls (they are huge here, the size of cats!!!) and admire the left over crabs that have been discarded from the 'catch of the day'.   

My drawing-Boat study; (Of course,  I didn't have time to do it when I was with the kids!!!):

Inspiration for Harbour Boat Lino Print

Lino print


Hand printed on Japanese rice paper.
It was a sunny day... I hope you like it :) Needs something...maybe some orange what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and your artwork! I'm going to be doing lino prints again soon after not having done it since school!
    I've tried about 3 times to follow this with my art blog sign-in, but it's not working. I'l try again soon, but I'm at http://sylviegirlart.blogspot.com if you want to have a look.
    I had my honeymoon in Cornwall (St Ives) and I'm determined to live there one day - such a great place to be an artist!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger lied - it did work! Grr! Sorry about that x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin, You must move here!! St. Ives is a great choice particularly for artists, I was on the coastal train to there the other week. I have travelled loads but don't think there are many views that top the Cornsih coastline on a sunny day. Thanks for your lovely comments, still 'finding my feet' with this blog but all good fun! Printing is an extention of my drawings and a good way for me to explore colour, etching suits my drawing style but lino is easier to do at home. Let me know how you get on with lino. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete